Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Making of .....................


"Ummi.... roti canai satuu.." "Siappp". Pepandai jer. Padahal lum pun siap lagi. Abah still asleep. Krohhhhh..For the past few days, I have been doing extensive google research on making Roti Canai. It has been more pain than pleasure and I'm running out of plain flour as my plain flour was attacked by little tiny creatures. siap ada larvae lagi. "hee... yekkk". len kali tentuan dan penpuan sekelian, takyah beli tepung kat giant. banned. 30 minutes was wasted at Taman Semarak daily superstore to look for new plain flour + a tin of ghee + a box of fresh milk. Anyway, I managed to update my blog with my roti canai adventures. The recipe I first started off from alat 21.It came out pretty tough and not thin and crisp on the outside. It was decent though, edible; but still not authentic roti canai!hehe. bolehhlaa.I had a few unsuccessful attempts to thin the dough by flipping it and stretching while spinning the dough (like how the mamak's in Malaysia do it). The art of throwing roti canai in the air is superb..cayalahh mamak. however, instead of the dough forming a larger circle, it kept shrinking while the corners overlapped each other. I finally decided to just stretch it on the counter with my fingers and palm.huhu. Dolu-dolu masa duk kat shah alam, selalu gak wat roti canai ngan makcik Pathiah( Abg lie's mom- in -law).. "okay jerrr". but this time, kneading and tossing roti canai dough is hard.
The problem with learning to make roti canai is, the amount of dough you waste! After working with one ball of dough, it cant be re-kneaded and stretched out again; as it becomes tough and dry. come out with not-so -good texture of home made roti canai like mamak did, it buffered with freshly and tasty made chicken curry. " Abg..... roti canai siap" yelling from my kitchen.hehe. A bucket of credits should be given to me for this noble effort since pagi morning lagi dah bangun wat the very yummylicious roti canai. haha. masuk bakul angkat sendiri.. papehal..macam biasalerrrr .................. YOK LAYANNNNNN

doughs covered with ghee and vege oil
what a waste!!!! (kat dalam mangkuk nun).Trying the right method to make ball-shaped dough.

doughs were left overnight.

tasty chicken curry
Spreading and thinning the dough with my bare hand.

My first attempt of making roti canai.

1 comments on "The Making of ....................."

^aNgRiAni^ on April 13, 2009 at 11:53 PM said...

waaaa...nampak sedappp...boleh order ka? hehehe

mcm ni, kedai mamak boleh gulung tikar :d

 

Iman's Family Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates